The Delaware River Basin Comission is about to vote to proceed with Regulations to permit drilling in the Delaware River Basin Watershed.
Here are some things you can do to stop this permitting process:
1) Come to the DRBC meeting!
When: November 21, 8 am,
Where: Patriots Theater at the War Memorial, 1 Memorial Drive Trenton, N.J.Coming from another location?
Bus sign up HERE.
2) Call the Governors and President Obama TODAY and tell them Don’t Drill the Delaware, and Don’t approve ANY regulations to permit fracking!
- Governor Christie’s office – 609-292-6000
- Governor Cuomo’s office – 518-474-8390
- Gov Corbett’s office – 717-787-2500
- Gov Markell’s Wilmington Office – 302-577-3210
- And the white house comment line is 202-456-1111
3) Delaware Riverkeeper Network will host a training session in lawful, peaceful, first amendment activity. For more information, Click HERE.
The members of the DRBC – the Governors of New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware and the Army Corps of Engineers as the federal representative – will decide the future of this Watershed, the Wild and Scenic Delaware River, and the water supply for over 15 million people with their action on November 21. How can they allow drilling and fracking to start with weak regulations that don’t protect our drinking water and our watersheds? We need to tell them “Don’t Drill the Delaware!” Keep checking back for updates and go to:www.delawareriverkeeper.org and our other supporting organizations.