- Call Your NY State Legislators to Sign on to Rosenthal/Hoylman 2015 Port Ambrose Opposition Letter
- People’s Climate March: a Day to Remember
- New York Court of Appeals Ruled that Dryden and Middlefield Can Ban Fracking
- Wind and other renewables generated a fifth of Britain’s electricity in early 2014 by Terry Macalister and Fiona Harvey at theguardian.com
- Renewable Energy Finance Forum-Wall Street (REFF-Wall Street) by GlobeNewswire
- New York’s Silent but Deadly Fracking Problem By Peter Rugh
- EPA drastically underestimates methane released at drilling sites by Neela Banerjee of LA Times
Author Archives: Owen Crowley
Occupy the Pipeline is spearheading a colorful flash mob in front of New York City’s City Hall on Wednesday, June 26. Here is the FaceBook event page. The event will start promptly at Noon, but get there at 11:30 AM if … Continue reading
Spectra Pipeline Lawsuit Advances: United for Action, W. Village Residents, and Allies File Notice of Appeal
West Village residents, United for Action, Village Independent Democrats, Sane Energy Project, New York City Friends of Clearwater, NYH2O, and Food and Water Watch have filed a Notice of Appeal in their challenge under New York State law to the Spectra … Continue reading
Will a New High-Pressure Gas Line Help New Yorkers—Or Blow Them Up? – Page 1 – News – New York – Village Voice
From the window of her apartment on Bethune Street, Ynestra King can look out across the West Side Highway to the playground where she plays with children in her family, to the Hudson River, and beyond it, New Jersey. She … Continue reading
Paul Krugman muses about the emphasis of political discourse on weakly construed entitlements trends, while the climate collapses around us. On the Non-equivalence of Greenhouse Gases and Entitlement Spending – NYTimes.com.
We all pay for the Obama-approved arctic drilling debacle. Shell gets massive, involuntary aid package from Alaska, U.S. Coast Guard, and you | Grist.
New York City is unprepared to reap the dividends of our addiction to fossil fuels. New York Faces Rising Seas and Slow City Action – NYTimes.com.
A new race for water is rippling through the drought-scorched heartland, pitting farmers against oil and gas interests, driven by new drilling techniques that use powerful streams of water, sand and chemicals to crack the ground and release stores of … Continue reading
Destroying Precious Land to Drill for Gas – NYTimes.com.
Here are some photos: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjBAVkjf And they are hearing us in Albany: http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/politics/2012/08/6481101/new-ideas-new-ny-policy-protest-and-joke-about-cuomo-and-iowa
As Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s administration finishes up new regulations on where and how to allow hydraulic fracturing in New York State, groups on both sides of the issue are turning to the airwaves in a late-inning effort to press … Continue reading