The March 2 sit-in is expected to be the largest act of civil disobedience by young people in the recent history of the environmental movement and it will be led by just the demographic that helped propel Obama to the presidency. The protest, known as “XL Dissent,” is meant to send a clear signal to President Obama that the base that helped elect him sees Keystone XL as a decision that will define his entire legacy.
- Call Your NY State Legislators to Sign on to Rosenthal/Hoylman 2015 Port Ambrose Opposition Letter
- People’s Climate March: a Day to Remember
- New York Court of Appeals Ruled that Dryden and Middlefield Can Ban Fracking
- Wind and other renewables generated a fifth of Britain’s electricity in early 2014 by Terry Macalister and Fiona Harvey at theguardian.com
- Renewable Energy Finance Forum-Wall Street (REFF-Wall Street) by GlobeNewswire
- New York’s Silent but Deadly Fracking Problem By Peter Rugh
- EPA drastically underestimates methane released at drilling sites by Neela Banerjee of LA Times