Before the current NYS legislative session closes – urge your elected representatives to advance a fracking ban!
Two NY State legislators have taken a leading stance on banning fracking. In March, Senator Avella introduced NYS Senate bill S4220. And in late April, NYS Assemblyman Colton introduced a companion Assembly bill, A7218.
The current legislative session is almost over – ask your Senator and Assemblymember to advance the ban on fracking.
Here is what to do:
Help us keep up the pressure – send a clear message that citizens all over New York State oppose all fracking!
- Call Your NY State Legislators to Sign on to Rosenthal/Hoylman 2015 Port Ambrose Opposition Letter
- People’s Climate March: a Day to Remember
- New York Court of Appeals Ruled that Dryden and Middlefield Can Ban Fracking
- Wind and other renewables generated a fifth of Britain’s electricity in early 2014 by Terry Macalister and Fiona Harvey at theguardian.com
- Renewable Energy Finance Forum-Wall Street (REFF-Wall Street) by GlobeNewswire
- New York’s Silent but Deadly Fracking Problem By Peter Rugh
- EPA drastically underestimates methane released at drilling sites by Neela Banerjee of LA Times